Thursday, November 8, 2012

I'm giving myself an award. Haha.

Okay, so both of my friends, Amanda and Courtney, were nominated for this awesome blog award call the Liebster Award.  They were supposed to tag like 11 friends to win the award too, but neither of them obliged, and both of them offered that any of their readers could participate.  So besides the fact that "Liebster" sounds similar to a nickname "Leebers" my mom had for me as a young child, I most definitely want something other than my weekly confessions to write about, and with that I present to myself...

The Liebster Blog Award is given to up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers, and nominated by fellow bloggers. Liebster is a German word meaning sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.

(Haha. Up and coming guys, watch out.)

Thank you to myself!! (Guys, I realize how lame this is.)  And also thank you to Amanda and Courtney, who both didn't actually tag me, but whose blogs you should definitely frequent.  They are hilarious and fun!  (Of course, they are also Chi Omegas. Hoot hoot.)

So one of the first things I am supposed to do is list 11 facts about myself. I can do this.
1. My mom called me Leebers as a child. 2. I have lived in Austin since 1990, minus 3.5 years of college. 3. I went to Texas A&M 4. I was a Chi Omega. 5. I was a bad Chi Omega. 6. I'm in desperate need of an eyebrow wax. 7. I used to tweeze my own brows, but that is like torture for me now. 8. In March I will have been married for SEVEN years. 9. I have two kids. 10. I'm running a half marathon on Sunday.

Then I am supposed to answer questions she (the girl who tagged Courtney) asked! So here goes...  (ALSO, the formatting got off somewhere along the line and I didn't fix it.  Please forgive.)

1. What is something you've always wanted to do but never have? Why not?
Unfortunately, I'm kind of boring and my dreams are pretty small - and if not small, then they're changing - so I can't really think of ONE thing I've ALWAYS wanted to do.  Except, MAYBE... go to Hawaii.  Now, it's not like I'm just dying to go to Hawaii or I would have made it happen - the thing is though, I love beaches.  How can a true beach lover NOT want to go to Hawaii? So there it is.

2. Fill in the blanks. People sometimes think I'm ___ but really, I'm ___.
Haha. I have the potential to be totally narcissistic and completely OFF on my guess of this, but I'm gonna give it a shot anyway.  People sometimes think I am unfriendly but really I'm just shy/intimidated.  I'm not even going to analyze.  This may be way off.

3. What are your favorite kinds of gifts to receive?
Thoughtful ones.  Although I'm completely hypocritical in saying that bc I'm queen of giving gift cards to people. Haha. BUT, if it's not thoughtful then I'd be very happy with useful.  A starbucks gift card would be both thoughtful AND useful.

4. What is something someone has done for you that really touched you?
Wowzers. Going deep over here.  How about anyone who has ever forgiven me?  That would definitely be the most "touching" thing someone can do for me.  Like, I know that I let Matt down and let my friends down and I neeeeeed their forgiveness.  The well-being of our relationship hinges on their willingness to forgive me, even though I am not deserving (point of forgiveness).  There may even be people who I hurt in the past whose path doesn't cross mine anymore, but if they forgive me, I consider that a huge gift.

5. What are three things you really like about yourself?
Haha. 1) I like that I'm funny. Not gonna lie.
2) I like that I am a deep thinker.  Not because I think I am the most profound person on the planet, but deep thinking has caused me to seek for answers in Jesus and in the Bible.
3) I like that I am hilarious. Haha dang it! I couldn't help myself.

6. If you have kids, what are three attributes you hope to instill in them?
Off the cuff
1- I want them to seek to know and love Truth. Capital T.

2- I want their worlds to be bigger than themselves - like lets extinguish narcissism - God is too big for us to be stuck on ourselves.
3- I want them to love Jesus and others.  
7. What is something you struggle with?
Umm. Pride.  Thinking I'm awesome and that I know every.thing. 
8. What are you really good at?
I don't know if I'm really good at anything.  I'm a decent writer, hence the blog and the 5th grade D.A.R.E. essay award I won (but only for my class, not the whole 5th grade, which is why I give it the word "decent" verses "really good"). 
9. What do you wish you could be better at?
Hmm, this might just be circumstantial but TODAY... I wish I could be better at loving people who are suffering or in crisis situations.  I STINK at this, and I usually feel awkward when I try to love or reach out to someone who is suffering.


10. Tell a funny joke.
Yo mama.


11. How many hours do you sleep per night, on average?
I have no idea, really. I'm afraid if I counted it could depress me. I'm gonna guess around seven hours a night. Not bad.

4 comments:

the blogivers said...

I liked reading this because the entire time I could picture you sitting at your computer, smirking every time you wrote something funny. Haha don't ask me why I got the visual image today, but it was amusing!

The Joiners said...

Glad you participated- enjoyed reading your answers :) But you should know that you slacked off and only listed 10 facts about yourself...

Leah said...

Dang it. Okay fact number 11- I don't pay attention to detail.

Rebecca said...

Congratulations on your prestigious blog award! Gives us all something to aspire to. :) Heck, I'd be satisfied if I even remembered to blog once a month anymore.

Also, I feel ya on the unfriendly/shy thing. I got that my whole life. I've been learning to pretend to be an extrovert since high school. Now I can fool people, sometimes!