Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Some of You are Party Poopers

You know who you are.

Anyway, here's the story behind the last post.

Matt and I are in a bad habit of waking up about 30 minutes before church on Sundays these days. So since it takes me at least 20 minutes to get ready (without a shower), I don't have time for a big breakfast before church. Usually I grab a piece of bread and put peanut butter on it and take it to go. Turns out Matt has a serious aversion to peanut butter breath in a car setting. I don't get it, but whatever. Every time this happens, he gets fussy.

So this past Sunday, in my own defense, I pointed out to him that every Saturday he makes himself a Tuna sandwich and that every time instead immediately recycling the can or throwing it away, he leaves it on the counter. As a result, anytime I go near the kitchen, I get strong whiffs of it. I pointed out that his tuna is much more atrocious than my peanut butter breath. He disagreed, which lead to a confident assertion on my part.

"I guarantee you that EVERYONE in the WORLD would agree that your tuna fish can smells worse than peanut butter breath."

So far, I am right.

*******************************
Okay literally the second I posted this blog for the first time, my party pooper friend, Rachel, (the one to whom I was referring above) voted in Matt's favor. I lose. And now she's more of a party pooper.

7 comments:

Rachel Erwin said...

haha, YES! I win!

Unknown said...

this TOTALLY sounds like an argument jocelin and i would have...

Erin Mills said...

Well Hello back. Didn't know you were on here either!! I'll add you to the daily reader - as I am always looking for reasons not to work...at work!

I agree with you - tuna is FAR worse than peanut butter!! :)

Anonymous said...

how is this even a discussion?

Tuna fish while delicious in very few settings...smell like cat food...it pretty much IS cat food.

I'll take peanut butter breath ANYDAY!

Leah said...

I am proud to say that I still believe I have won this debate. The reason is that my friend, Rachel, 1- voted emotionally because she had just had a bad experience with peanut butter/chinese food breath, and 2- had gotten a hint about which side Matt was on. She felt sorry for him. Yes, I agree with all of you. Not even a contest. :)

Katie Wussow said...

I vote tuna.

On another note, Matt eats tuna sandwiches on Saturday morning? For breakfast?

Leah said...

No, not breakfast. Usually after we workout at lunch...