Thursday, November 12, 2009

i think i'm going crazy

I've been convinced for a week that I am in my 3rd trimester because I read somewhere that it started at 24 weeks... I REALLY DID READ THAT SOMEWHERE. But then I started feeling like the 3rd trimester was going to be really long, and that 24 weeks couldn't possibly be right... and I had stopped reading my pregnancy books like 2 months ago (about the same time I stopped reading blogs and the news), so I had nothing to steer me in the right direction if the Internet had mislead me. Turns out my 3rd trimester doesn't technically start till 28 weeks.

This is only one example of my pregnancy brain totally letting me down. In the last week or so I have dropped (and shattered) a glass of pasta sauce at HEB, put my shoes on the wrong feet and actually walked in them for a few minutes before realizing it, put my maternity jeans on backwards, and completely screwed up several common words and phrases. (Example: "to each his own." I proudly said instead, "each to his own.")

So here's to 3 more weeks of 2nd trimester bliss... and 15 more weeks of pregnant brain.

3 comments:

the blogivers said...

It was good to see you and your pregnancy brain yesterday :)

Tracy's Porch said...

All of this is your pledgeship into motherhood - with the final initiation ceremony of labor and delivery! Fun stuff, huh?

I was actually wondering when you said you were nearing your third trimester cuz when you posted that I think I had just passed into mine. The math wasn't working in my brain.

Honey said...

And now when you say, "Mom, you already told me that"...you will say it with understanding in your heart!