- His head is still huge. We're not sure if it's supposed to eventually be a normal size, but it's still technically off the charts in terms of size. We're going to check into this to see what's "supposed" to happen.
- Henry has LOST weight since about 3-4 weeks ago. Doctor is not concerned because he said that it happens when they start crawling. So he was 23lbs 3 oz, and now he's 22lbs 7 oz, which is 80th percentile. I, being the informed parent that I am, read also that this is pretty normal. He was always 90th % before - I guess he's thinning out like his dad.
- He is still REALLY long. 30 inches = 90th percentile.
- SLEEPING A LOT, and not crying when we put him in his crib!!! I'm telling you, it's amazing. I totally recommend Ferber.
- Sucking out of a straw. (Crossing my fingers) As of tonight, Henry picked up his sippy cup on his own, and sucked down his watery apple juice... all on his own. Breakthrough! I can see light at the end of this nursing tunnel! He also takes juice out of a bottle, but he has to be desperate to take formula out of a bottle... but he will do it.
- Cruising a little. He can definitely cruise in his crib, and he does it a little outside his crib too.
- He mimics our sounds. He says dada, mama, baba. And we both think he says "hah" (which is supposed to be hi) and "buh" (which is supposed to be BOO like peek a boo).
- He plays peek a boo, which is hilarious. He waves hi and bye... sometimes with two hands at a time, which is funny. (I think he is confused because I was trying to teach him how to clap, and ever since then he started waving with both hands.)
- He is a wiggle worm and will NOT sit still when I change that diaper.
- If we sing songs that his dino sings, he will look at his dino. If we sing songs that his "Pal, Scout" sings, he will look for Scout. Also, he bounces/dances to the songs, which of course is awesome.
- Sometimes when he is tired and we keep him from doing stuff he wants to do like crawl into the trash can or pull things out of the refrigerator, he starts to get fussy and throw a miniature fit, but if you just make eye-contact with him and smile, he will smile at you as he continues to throw the fit. Hard to explain, but it is also really funny.
- He makes the MOST AWESOME faces anytime he tries any new food. Now that I think about it, I'm going to have to get these last two bullet points in action on camera. Warning: another boring mom post to follow.
Two pictures:

2 comments:
The H-dawg is awesome. Cruising? Should us childless people know what that is?
Henry....you are soooooo adorable and you have changed so much since Halloween. Can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment