Monday, April 4, 2011

a whole new mom level

So, I'm not really a storytime, library, gymboree, play-date type of mom.  Like, up until now, our "play dates" are really for me because I want to hang out w/ the other moms.  This is why H and I spend a good majority of our time at Target... because I like it, and because it has a Starbucks.

But, I've realized that I no longer have the capacity to entertain H all day long on my own.  So, for my sanity and for his benefit, I've started to do some more mommy-ish activities.  Like... story time at the Library and Barnes & Noble. And we've thrown in some play dates here and there.  And we've even gone to the park EVERY DAY since the weather's gotten nicer.

I'm not really an outdoor person, if you haven't noticed.  (I'd run on a treadmill every day of the week.) So, going to the park isn't my idea of a good time.  And neither is walking outside for a long time. But, like I mentioned, there comes a point in your child's life, when going outside to the park is more than necessary - and we have reached that point. Let me tell you, it's been so worth it - makes the days go by faster, Henry is happier, and I actually have started to enjoy it.  And I don't know if this is just a coincidence, but his nap is a lot longer now too. ;)

Like I said - whole new level.  And also, can I just throw this out there - I might take it back, but so far with the first kid, I'm thinking year 2 is much easier than year 1.  Just sayin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girl, I don't know what happened, but all of a sudden in the past few years I have developed such a love for being outside in the sun. It just makes me happier. I'm so glad you're enjoying that with him!