I'm sure you will all be glad to know that the pity party has ended, and the last three to four days as a mom of two has been quite pleasant.
For the record (and I might take this back in a month or so), the transition from one kid to two kids has been nowhere near as difficult for me as the transition from zero to one. One to two seems much easier to me - perhaps I will expand on that in a different post.
In the meantime, let me tell you about the latest excitement in our marriage. Matt and I both recently downloaded the "my fitness pal" apps on our iPhones. If you don't know about it, it's a calorie counter and exercise log to assist you with your weight loss (or in Matt's case, weight gain) goals.
So. I am allotted approximately 1500 calories a day, although it doesn't take into account breastfeeding, so I pretty much exceed my limit every single day. The main reason I am using the app is because I could easily down a large bag of peanut butter M&Ms in one day and think nothing of it. By writing it down, I am less likely to eat 1200 calories worth of junk food in one day (something which I actually did one day last week). Not just 1200 calories, people - 1200 calories worth of candy, cookies, ice cream - in addition to breakfast, lunch, and dinner. So my commitment is to enter every single bite.
Meanwhile, we decided that Matt would make a goal to gain about half a pound a week. Apparently when I deliver babies it has the same effect on Matt as it has on me - weight loss. The only problem is that he's never gained any weight to begin with, and there's not a baby coming out of his uterus. Very problematic. So in order for Matt to reach his goal weight, he needs to gain half a pound a week for almost 30 weeks. Long way to go.
Anyway, the result of this goal is that he is supposed to eat... wait for it... 2500 CALORIES A DAY!! TWENTY FIVE HUNDRED! That is assuming that he doesn't exercise (and he always exercises). Now, let me be honest here. I am serious when I say that I think I could easily eat 2500 calories in a day. I think I could easily do it several days in a row. Junk food just doesn't register in my brain. I have no problem consuming empty calories. Matt, on the other hand, is different. So 2500 calories (plus) is going to be a big challenge for him.
Last night before dinner, I had less than 300 calories left that I was allowed to consume. Matt had 1800 that he needed to consume. For the record, he failed and so did I.
So long story short - we have opposite problems. Somehow it seems like if Matt was also trying to lose weight, it might be easier for me. Instead, while I am not eating, I will be spending a good amount of energy making sure Matt IS eating. We will keep you updated. :)
5 comments:
It makes me feel better to read that someone (you, definitely not Matt) has simliar eating habits as me... so thanks :)
Love MFP!!! I slacked and didn't log in for three weeks during Christmas and it made a huge difference! I feel better when I log in evryday.
Dale is like Matt and never even makes his calories while I struggle not to go over :-( so frustrating!
I hate guys :)
i am also counting calories but i don't have an app to help me. it kinda makes me want to punch a wall but it's necessary. i did however purposefully just eat cereal for dinner last night so that i could have enough calories for ice cream. healthy eating at it's best.
Funny!!! Can I do it from the computer?entif
Post a Comment