Monday, December 3, 2012

Sam... and Santa

It is officially the week of Ham. Or Sam, as you know him.  I sort of can't believe that last year Henry couldn't say "Sam" and that he also couldn't say Snowman (he said "ho-man") and that he looked like this...


Well, I guess it is not just the week of Sam, but the week of "How in the world is my baby almost one and how in the world is my firstborn baby almost three?"

Guess I'll just have to get pregnant again... just kidding. Not trying. Not ready. Believe it.

So let me think of fun Sam things to tell you.

He has words.  They are "mama" "dada" "more" (which sounds exactly like mama and the only way we know it's different is because there is food involved when he's asking for more.) and also "CHEESE."

Seriously, he loves cheese and he can say the word.  Also I've never seen a child go more insane over the sight of some good ol' fashion blackberries.  Seriously... he passes up quesadilla for blackberries.  Totally weird.

I think there are a couple more words, but I can't think of them right now, and most likely he is saying words and I am just not paying enough attention to notice because that's kind of how my life is these days.  Note, Henry's latest phrase is, "MAMA! Listen to me! I'm talking to you mama!"  (Sad? Yes. But true.)

Other things.  Sam loves to brush his teeth.  Thank the Lord, and I mean it.  Henry also loves brushing his teeth- we have not gotten a child who hates that yet, thankfully.  BUT, both of them will protest their dinner and throw it on the ground, a habit we are trying to break- Henry went to sleep hungry tonight.

In the spirit of posting old pictures, here's an awesome one of me, Matt and Sammy in the hospital bed.

Look at that sweet little munchkin.
I can't be lookin' at those pics too long cause it makes me want to do it all over again. Remember, I like having babies... I'd go to the hospital and deliver a baby every stinkin' day of the week. :)  Like I said, no, not ready yet!

Okay, that's all about Sam for now...  Can we talk about the lyrics to Santa Clause is coming to town?

Good.  I was listening to this song with Henry a few days back, and the lyrics, "He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake" were sung, and I was like, "Dang, that's creepy."  Does anyone else think that's creepy?  Okay, I'm the weird one.  Anyway, carry on...

3 comments:

the blogivers said...

I also can't believe your babies are almost 1 and 3! I feel like it was just yesterday that you were having Henry!

Kevin and Becky said...

So you'd deliver a baby everyday, huh? Interesting choice of hobby, friend.

Marie said...

I can't believe how little H looks in that first picture either! But then again, I guess Sam looks pretty small too. Stupid time.