Monday, January 12, 2009

A Tribute to Beth

I don't care how cheesy she is. I love this woman. Her writing and Bible studies have had and still have such a tremendous impact on my life. Her style isn't too profound or intellectual, but her words are filled with faith and hope and power. What an excellent reminder for any of us who will ever teach or write or use words to share Christ!

"My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power." - 1 Corinthians 2:4-5

Praise God for Beth Moore!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen to that! I love Beth and have considered her my "mentor from afar" for many years now. God has used her in a huge way in my life, as well as in so many others' lives. I join with you in thanking God for her. :)

Anonymous said...

I love Beth also!

Anonymous said...

Me too! I recently got her Esther study and look forward to starting it later this spring!

I'm glad you found our ministry blog! I also have a personal blog at www.amberdawnlo.blogspot.com. I blog more about home projects, cooking, and what we've been up to. ;) I blogged a few posts about our experience with the show if you are interested. It is scheduled to air sometime in April, but we don't know the exact date yet!

We are in a community group with a few other young married couples without kids. It has definitely been a blessing and we have really enjoyed it!

Ministry is going well. I adore the girls I am working with this year. Our team has planted or are in the process of planting new movements all over from San Antonio to Waco. We are definitely seeing God at work in students! You can be praying for our team this week. We are hosting a conference in Dallas next weekend for 100+ Asian American students. We are excited, but there are still a lot of work & details that need to come together before our students arrive on Friday!

Thanks for stopping by to say hi! :)