Thursday, May 28, 2009

Mars and Venus - Communication 101

Most of you know that male slash female communication is the most exciting part of any relationship. I thought I'd share some of our most common Mars/Venus conversations.

Matt loves when I use absolutes like "always" and "never."

Leah (usually while Matt is watching sports): "We never talk."
Matt: "We talked on Saturday night."

He also loves when I make him be specific. This is my favorite...

Matt: "You look so cute right now!"
Leah: "I do?"
Matt: "Yeah."
Leah: "Well what's cute about me?"
Matt: ... interrupted ...
Leah: "Is it my haircut?"
Matt: ... interrupted again ...
Leah: "Have I lost weight?"
Matt: "I don't know you just look cute."
Leah: "Did I not look cute yesterday?"

Surely he wishes he had never opened his mouth.

And this is one from awhile back when we were getting ready for something. Thank you, Amanda, for bringing this to mind.

Matt: "Are you going to wear that shirt?" (Note: I was already dressed AND it was time to leave = not a good decision for Matt.)
Leah: "What's wrong with it?"
Matt: "It looks a little casual."
Leah: "Well SORRY, I don't have any clothes, so you're going to have to deal with it!"
Matt: "Yes you do, you have a whole closet full of clothes."
Leah: "Oh really? Then YOU pick out my outfit!"

He refused. I don't remember if I ended up changing or not. We love each other.

5 comments:

Annie said...

Leah! You are so cute! I found your blog on Emily Eppright's so I am going to follow you now. :) This is fun!

Tracy's Porch said...

Cute pic. and I will say it again...sitcom

Honey said...

Matt should teach a class to engaged men about how to communicate with a wife!!

Amber said...

Ha! These posts make me want to be a fly on the wall in your house for a couple of days. ;)

The Joiners said...

Ha ha isn't being married the best? Our poor husbands :)