Tuesday, December 1, 2009

soon it will be tough to see my feet

Today = 1st day of December and official 1st day of 3rd trimester! My tummy is big enough that now, if I bend over too soon after I eat, my food starts to come back up my esophagus - or that's how it feels. Gee, I can't WAIT to get bigger!!! Not. Not. Not. Not.

Since I never post anymore, all of my posts seem to be updates. So boring, I know. But here we go again. Most recently we have been...

Painting.
Guest room. Baby's room. Old furniture to go in baby's room. I tried REALLY hard to get a different/not neutral color to go in the baby's room, but it ended up looking like every other room in our house, which is neutral. I'm not a risky decorator.

Cleaning/Organizing.
There is no better feeling than trashing/goodwill-ing a whole bunch of old and unnecessary items and/or getting a closet or a drawer or a cabinet completely organized.

Buying Furniture.
After almost 4 years of marriage, we took the plunge and actually got real bedroom furniture (which means no more bedside tables from Target that I've had since before college). Didn't want to mention it, but we also upgraded to a king-size bed.

Matt was thrilled by the comment I made the morning after our first night in the new bed.

"This bed is AWESOME! I couldn't even tell you were in it with me!"

Honesty is the best policy. We aren't cuddlers.

And the crib is just waiting to be set up. Yay. (BTW, I know that's not how you spell "yea" and I don't care.)

Rearranging Furniture.
Good news for our guests: we have a king bed, so you get a queen bed. Bad news for our garage: what do we do w/ the daybed that was in the guest room? Our house is currently disoriented, but we spend ALL of our free time trying to get it back to normal and ready for the little man.

Okay we've been up to more than just that, but that seems to be the main thing. I'll do something crazy (like post pictures) whenever we have everything all finished.

LOVE,
Leah

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think there are better feelings than getting a drawer organized.

And I am disappointed to hear you are not a cuddler.

Unknown said...

You make me laugh!! I've missed your blogs. And I just wanted to say, Doug and I are looking for a day bed, so if yours is still hanging around, let me know and maybe we can work something out.

andrea ivey said...

So you added the kind bed AFTER I stay?? Real cool...