Well, I am 32 weeks today. The doctor said baby is probably about 4.5 lbs, which means if I go the full 40 weeks, he will be a 8.5 pounder. Epidural? YES. To celebrate the 32 week/less than 2 month milestone, I thought I'd share with you a couple top 10 lists. Enjoy!
Top 10 BEST things about being pregnant.
10. People will offer you their seat if you are standing and they are sitting. Even total strangers.
9. Strangers make conversation with you. (This could go either way, but today it's on the good list.)
8. The second trimester in general. I miss it. Well, okay I don't miss it.
7. I feel an instant bond with other pregnant women. I like this.
6. I like hearing other people's labor and delivery stories - no matter how exaggerated.
5. Skin doesn't break out hardly at all. (This was not the case in first half of pregnancy - when my face looked like a pepperoni pizza.)
4. My hair and nails are stronger and more shiny than EVER! On top of that, since my hair is thicker (it falls out less frequently when you are pregnant), I don't have to wash it everyday, AND it holds curl, which isn't normal for me.
3. Doctor's visits. They are like pregnancy milestones- something to look forward to.
2. Ultrasounds (seeing the little dude)!
1. Feeling the baby move and kick inside my belly!
Top 10 WORST things about being pregnant. (Minus the ones that you'd probably consider "TMI.")
10. I am literally losing my mind and forgetting things like crazy.
9. When walking in public, people do not make eye contact with me; they look straight at my belly. I do not like this.
8. Dirty looks at Starbucks. How do you know it's not decaf, people?
7. Maternity Clothes. They stink. And that's a MAJOR understatement.
6. Weddings, Christmas parties, etc. don't feel much like celebrations... for two reasons in particular. One you can guess. The other? No matter how dressed up you are in your maternity clothes, you feel like Frosty the Snowman- big and round.
5. Mood swings. Ask Matt about how I cried the other night because we were at a red light for what seemed like an eternity, and I just wanted to get out of the car because my back hurt so much. I was crying and begging the stoplight to "PLEASE, just turn green." I may or may not have been also shouting, "I HATE BEING PREGNANT!!!" Matt may or may not have told me that he's really not looking forward to what I will be like in labor.
4. Getting out of breath when you stand up... or even while your still sitting... it's really attractive to be huffing and puffing all the time.
3. Weight gain. Healthy or not, it ain't fun.
2. Back pain.
1. I don't know what the name of this is, but I will just be standing around innocently when all of the sudden I get this shooting pain down the inner part of my thigh, and IT HURTS!!! Doctor said that it is caused by the baby pushing down on a nerve. This is the most painful part of my pregnancy so far, for sure.
4 comments:
Yeah...I hate to rub it in but I am so glad I am no longer pregnant. I'm enjoying holding Gracie in my arms so much more.
Hang in there!!
This is a great list! I, too, am glad not to be pregnant any more. I know you've probably heard it a hundred times, but it's totally true that you forget all of that stuff as soon as you have the baby.
If you like to read birth stories, you can read mine on my blog -- angelas-notes.blogspot.com
i don't know how to spell it, but i think it's braxton hicks pains in the legs.
Braxton Hicks are like fake uterus contractions... and by the way, not NEARLY as painful as I expected. This nerve thing in my leg is different, and not all pregnant women deal with it...not even sure that it has a name. ;)
Post a Comment