Thursday, August 12, 2010

Infant Oatmeal! Anticlimactic much?

So, since today is officially two weeks before baby H turns 6 months old (um can you believe it?), we started infant cereal today! (Oatmeal, not rice, in case you were wondering.)

I've been waiting for this ALL week - sooooo excited.  Very childlike.

So we, nerdy first timers that we are, bounced out of bed this morning, got everything ready- the high chair, the video camera, a special bib with his name on it, some infant spoons, etc.  What were we expecting?  I'm not sure.

Poor kiddo didn't even know what was going on!  I put that first spoonful in his mouth, and based on his facial expression, it must have tasted like cardboard.  He was totally uninterested.  He was far more interested in his view of the floor from the high chair.  So he spit most of it out, then eventually he would chew on the spoon, and the whole thing was over in about two minutes.

Like I said... anticlimactic. Understatement.  When can we give him ice cream?

Here's the video so you can see for yourself!

No comments: