Tuesday, August 3, 2010

it is my duty to warn you, pregnant ladies

Ladies, it has come to my attention that I need to warn you about something... especially those of you who are pregnant with your first child, or who may become pregnant with your first child. And, especially those of you who plan to nurse your child (forgive me, but I am not going to write the b-word).

Here it is... NURSING HURTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, now that you get the point. See, I knew that it was going to hurt because I have an older sister... BUT, I didn't know that it was going to be as bad as it was. And, I have talked to several friends who say, "No one could have prepared me for this." Yes, Ladies, it is worse (in many cases) than labor. Well, okay, I am not at liberty to say that since I epiduraled it up. But, I just don't think it's common knowledge. Cause it seems pretty simple, right? How hard could it possibly be?

Well, consider this your warning. No one could have prepared me for it. There was crying, screaming, frustration, PAIN... a lot of pain. AND this was AFTER a lactation consultant told me that we were doing it RIGHT. So don't believe the people who tell you that if you are doing it the right way it won't hurt. They are liars.

Six weeks after little Enrique (his spanish name) was born, I was STILL wondering when it was going to stop hurting. By eight weeks, I was doing much better.

Just thought I'd put it out there. I decided it needs to be said.

Note, with the second child it is supposedly not bad.

4 comments:

Courtney Squillante said...

Um yes! Thanks for telling the truth! I have heard it is way worse than anyone thinks- but people are just too afraid to say it! Ugh... Soooo not looking forward to it but I know (think) I can do it!

Welcome to the Bean Family Blog said...

Sorry to hear that it's been a painful process especially after talking to an expert! I guess we were lucky because I can honestly say I didn't experience pain or discomfort just some tenderness. Hope it gets better!

Will and Vanessa said...

ok- don't hate on me- but i found bf pretty easy and only painful at the beginning- but nothing like natural labor. not tooting my own horn- they wouldn't give me an epidural. good ole national healthcare in england...

but i do think it is good to prepare others bc i have heard for others it is painful... i was most worried about nursing during pregnancy.

Marie said...

I am ignoring the subject of your post because ignorance is (currently) bliss, but wanted to say that I like that you called him Enrique.