Not gonna lie... Before I became a mom, I kind of thought kids who had food allergies were... well (don't hate me for saying this)... wimpy. As if they could help it. Of course I was an idiot.
And of course, it turns out, my kiddo has got some food allergies of his own. I would be lying if I told you that I'd never expect any of my children to have food allergies - mainly bc I didn't have them, and neither did Matt.
Back in January, I was eating some Nutella (hazelnut spread), and H seemed to have a pretty intense reaction to it. Note, he didn't even eat it. So that was episode one. I'll spare you the details.
Episode 2 was Sunday. He got some mild-looking hives during breakfast, and the only thing new that he was eating was cantaloupe. Really? An allergy to cantaloupe? We'll see. It could also have been strawberries, but he eats strawberries a lot.
The part of this story that I shouldn't admit to is the fact that I was supposed to take him to get blood drawn like two months ago so we could figure out what he was allergic to... oops. I FINALLY did it yesterday.
My little man was a champ. He sat there still and quiet as they poked him w/ that needle and took out 3 tubes of blood. Didn't even cry!! (He also did 10000 times better than back in August when we were prepping for surgery.) You better believe he earned himself a blueberry muffin from Starbucks afterward.
3 comments:
Oh, Henny.....You are NAILS!!!!
Henry I love you so much
This post would have been even sadder if you had said, "... and then we found out he was allergic to blueberries, and muffins." :)
Post a Comment