- Yesterday at Costco, I literally watched a woman take three cartons of eggs (w/ 18 eggs each) and swap out all of the bad and cracked ones into a single carton... she then returned the carton with the bad eggs back to the shelf and kept the other two cartons with the good eggs. I literally sat there, watched her do it, and then stared at her as she took the eggs back to the shelf. She was not phased. I guess I'm not very intimidating. I was totally appalled.
- Last night, Matt and I were on our way to a dinner date, and Matt sarcastically said to another driver (who obviously could not hear him), "Nice lights buddy" because this particular car had not yet turned on his lights. It was about 7:30 pm, definitely dark enough to require headlights. At this point I realized our car felt a little dim and asked Matt, "Do you have your lights on?" Nope, he didn't. Oops. We got a nice laugh out of that.
- Another thought - ACL(Austin City Limits) is SO not my thing and never will be. I know, I am not cool. I went ONE time, and I don't know, something about a lot of drunk, smelly people and 100 degree temperatures surrounded by port-a-potties just doesn't appeal to me. I didn't handle it well when I was 24 and not pregnant, so now that I am 27 and officially in my third trimester, I'm pretty sure I'd like it even less. And my friends, who still consider themselves young and cool enough to go to such a festival, know that I hate it and know better than to ever try to bring me along. ;) But more power to you if it's your thing!
- The reason I am up right now is because I slept with Henry in the guest bed last night. We have spoiled him recently, letting him sleep in big beds - something he's going to learn have to do on his own pretty soon anyway - but he's got about a 100% chance of falling about three feet to the floor at this point, so I decided I'd share the guest bed with him. When I wake up in the middle of the night and look at Henry, he looks EXACTLY like Matt... so I guess there's not much of a difference which one I sleep with. Except that Henry sleeps diagonally across the bed with his arms spread out, taking up at least three feet of space, and he tries to nestle his head into my armpit while pushing me further and further to the edge of the bed. Matt, on the other hand, knows that cuddling and sleep do not go together in my book, so he lies perfectly still on the edge of the bed and gives me all the room. Thanks babe.
- Yesterday I officially reached the THIRD TRIMESTER! I am 28 weeks! YIKES! We tried to take a belly picture, but vain Leah kept me from liking any of the ones we took, so maybe I'll try again today. In the meantime, our kiddo still has no room and no name.
Saturday, September 17, 2011
five mini posts in one big post
The following five items may not be blog worthy, but ready or not, here they are...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment