Deceptively Delicious FAIL. This morning, I used steamed, pureed cauliflower in a Jessica Seinfeld recipe for peanut butter and banana muffins. Sounds delicious, right? Oh my goodness. They were bearable right out of the oven- Henry had half of one- but I came home this afternoon and after one bite I couldn't have forced myself to finish it if I had wanted to. Matt actually thinks they are good, which only tells me one thing... they must really be healthy. (I must admit that the recipe called for an egg, which I didn't have, so Google told me to use mayo instead. Sick out. I still think it's the cauliflower that makes them disgusting though.) This recipe was neither deceptive or delicious.
How bad would it be? Would it be wrong if I just hid all of the toys that have a gazillion parts - even though Henry LOVES them - so that I don't have to get my pregnant self down on my hands and knees to fish them out from underneath the couch, the table, the bed, etc.? I mean, Henry loves himself some mega blocks, but I seriously find blocks hiding in every corner of the house! If mean mom emerges, she might hide all toys that have removable pieces.
Foot in Mouth. In the 18 month update, I mentioned that I don't really have to chase Henry all day. Maybe that's because until this week, he never actually RAN. Today at Target, he ran away from me, and he ran FAST! Pregnant mommy chasing toddler = laughable.
I am beyond exhausted, so this post is over.
2 comments:
I really appreciate the use of "sick out" in the post - haven't used that in awhile and I think I need to bring it back :)
For the love Lil. Stop adding Mayo to stuff. Member the Mayo pizza you thought would be a good idea? Mayo = satan
Post a Comment