Thursday, January 26, 2012

how old am I? what day is it?

On Tuesday night, Matt and I had this conversation..

Leah: Is it Monday or Tuesday?
Matt: Tuesday
--- then less than three minutes go by ---
Leah: Wait, is it Monday?  No, no... you just told me it's Tuesday.

Next.  I seriously cannot remember how old I am for the life of me.  I am 27, I think.  But I literally spent a decent amount of time the other day trying to figure out if I was 26 or 27... and don't laugh and ask me to subtract the current year from my birth year.  In the moment, such logic had totally escaped me.  I had convinced myself that Henry was born when I was 25 and that Sam was born when I was 26. Somehow I missed a year in there, but eventually did the math and realize that I am 27.  The sad part about this, though, is that I've probably had the same conversation with myself two other times in the last three or four months.  Can't even imagine how bad this will be in the future... Oh well.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I had to figure out how old I was the other day too!! I seriously could NOT remember. Too funny!

Marie said...

When I was pregnant I remember being asked how old I was and after an awkward silence respoding "I'm pretty sure I'm 27." I bet everyone that witnessed that conversation felt just a little bit sorry for my unborn child...