Henry is wanting to do all things baby. Examples? He had me swaddle him yesterday. He pretends to suck on a pacifier. He sits in the bouncy seat. (And also gets very upset if we put Sam in the bouncer.) And last but not least, he tried to NURSE the other day. Oh yes. I was feeding Sam, and Henry crawled up next to me. I thought he was about to kiss Sam on the head, and he went straight past Sam's head for my youknowwhat. Okay, so I won't lie, it was actually a
tiny bit sweet. But you guys all know how I feel about breastfeeding (
nothing's changed there, I don't love it - even though it has been 100000 times easier this go-round), and so we put an end to that little attempt
very promptly.
Here's some bouncy seat pics.
 |
| 22 month old Henry in the bouncy seat |
 |
| Ham in the bouncy seat. |
 |
| A little newborn Henry in the bouncy seat. |
There hasn't been a lot of sleeping going on in this house. Sam was doing awesome at night, and then since he was sick, it's been hit or miss. I will say that the night Sam did sleep like a champ, we got bombarded with
very loud thunderstorms - so instead of being up for hours with a newborn, I was up for hours with a toddler who was understandably scared and disoriented. Just another day in paradise.
And since I know you are all wondering, Sammy Wams did awesome at his 1 month check up. Unfortunately I left the little sheet that had all of his percentiles in the room at the Dr. office, so I need to call to see if they can get me another one... I do remember that he is 10lbs, 3oz and that he is 22.5 inches long with a normal sized head. They had to remeasure his length bc his percentile jumped so much, but he was 22.5 both times. (I personally think they got it wrong last time and that's why it looked like such a big jump.) Whatev. So that was that.
Lastly, I just wanted to inform you fellow bloggers that because of my aforementioned iPhone, I have been reading a lot of your posts on the phone and therefore have not been commenting. Please accept my apology and know that I am keeping up w/ your posts! That's all for now folks. Here's to hopes for good sleep tonight!
4 comments:
I recently discovered your blog and really appreciate your honesty as I prepare for the birth of my second child next month. My older son is 3 now and I can't wait to see how our family transitions. You seem to be doing terrifically well - way to go!
Leah - I am sitting in my grade level meeting, and I get to the part of Henry going towards the youknowwhat, and I laughed...outloud... while my principal is talking.
Lesson learned.
Ah, I think you should've let Henners take a sip...Ha ha. I love the Hammers and the Henners. Henry looks so huge in that bouncy seat or v..... as I called it in Dec.
That is hysterical about Henry wanting to nurse. I'm totally stressing thinking that Jay is going to do the same thing! Oh, and Jay went from 20 inches at birth to 24 inches at two months. They measured him three times at two month appt. pretty sure they were a little off on his birth length! :)
Post a Comment