Sunday, February 19, 2012

growing up so fast

Henry is going to be two on Sunday, and I can hardly believe it.  In honor of our little man, I am going to post this week about some of the two-year old things he is doing... the things that are so sweet that I do not want to forget. :)  So this is mainly for me, but if you're interested, by all means, read on.

One of our favorite things he does right now is that he will be begging for something, then when we acknowledge his request, he responds as if he was never begging for it and we had just offered it out of the blue... best explained with an example dialogue.  It normally goes something like this.

Henry: "Miiiilk!  Millllllk!  Miiiiilk!"
Mom or Dad: "You want milk?"
Henry" "Otaaay."

(I realize it's not nearly as funny when I type it out.)

The other funny/sweet thing he says these days... If Sam is crying in the other room, he will go, "OH NO!  Hammy crying!" (Hammy = Sammy, clearly)

The last thing for tonight is that he is really into the sizes of things... like if something is big or little.  He and Matt throw rocks at the pond, and he wants to find and throw BIG rocks.  When he finds a big rock (or a big anything else for that matter), he says "A BIG ONE!"  But it sounds like "a bug one."

No comments: