Tuesday, February 14, 2012

my husband is a show off

Romantic is not me.  But I'll take Valentines Day.

I was walking through Central Market yesterday, and I saw tons of red roses... it occurred to me for the first time that I do not really like red roses.  (Like I said, not a romantic.)  True story, Matt gets me red roses often.  So last night I confessed to Matt that I don't really like them and told him not to get me red roses for Valentines Day.

This afternoon I tried unsuccessfully for almost two hours to put Henry down for a nap.  In fact, I was starting a blog post after I thought he had fallen asleep, only to have to put it away because he was still awake. (Did I mention that those door handle cover lock thingys were good for about two weeks before Henry figured out how they worked?  I want my money back!)  So we're back to square one with the naps.

Anyway, as I am holding Henry's door shut, imagine my delight when I hear husband coming through the front door! (Of course that's only after being somewhat frightened that it was an unwelcome intruder and not husband.)  Imagine my delight FURTHER when I saw he had ORANGE roses in his hands, chocolate covered strawberries, and he told me he was home FOR THE DAY... like staying here, not leaving to go back to work.  It couldn't have come on a better day... a day when toddler decides he's not gonna have a nap and baby's having trouble too - mainly because toddler is really loud.

I hope Matt knows that he doesn't HAVE to be awesome on VD... cause I truly do not have expectations, but like I said, I'll take it.  He is such a show off.