It's March, and I am just now sharing with you guys my new year's "resolution" which is really just my biggest prayer for myself this year. Back in December, God put it on my heart to ask that all the knowledge I have in my head would become real and active in my heart.
It's been a theme in my life that I have seasons of knowledge and learning, followed by seasons of frustration that I cannot apply that knowledge or make things happen on my own, followed by seasons where the Lord shows up and makes himself known to me in an intimate way that makes everything "click" and all of the sudden head knowledge turns to heart understanding, and I am able to live out what I've been learning... because of God. Does that make sense? Well anyway...
1 Corinthians 8:1-3 says, "...this “knowledge” puffs up, but love builds up. If anyone imagines that he knows something, he does not yet know as he ought to know. But if anyone loves God, he is known by God."
In short, knowledge for knowledge's sake leads to pride... it leads to me thinking that I am better than I actually am. If my knowledge is not coupled with LOVE- for God and other people, then I am really just "imagining that I know something." Ugh. That's gut-wrenching for me.
So that's been my prayer for this year- that I would love Jesus (and therefore other people) more. That my knowledge about Him would be turned into love for Him yet again. That everything in my head would be real in my heart.
And there. I not only finished a post, but finished a post about something that's not necessarily easy to share. :) Progress!
No comments:
Post a Comment