Friday, September 7, 2012

riddle me this

God blessed dads with an amazing ability to tune out their children.  I'm telling you, Henry had been crying in the middle of the night to get out of his room for more than TWO hours.  Matt had NO clue this was happening.  Meanwhile, I wake up when my children cough.

On the other hand, the alarm clock on my phone goes off to purposely wake me up, and I barely respond, but Matt's all complaining about how my alarm is so obnoxious.

You think maybe it's because the children are in a different room, but when we were at the beach, both kids slept in our room (part of the reason we are having middle of the night trouble now) and even then, Matt did not wake to Sam's crying in the middle of the night.

Not gonna lie. Sometimes I wish I was a dad.



1 comment:

Courtney Squillante said...

Preach it!!!! I'm out of town this weekend and Anthony is on duty for Charley- I'm having panic attacks he won't wake up to get her!!!!!! How can they do that?!?