This is how all of you felt about me after my last post when I confessed to actually liking running... at least for now.
Anyway... I've had a little bit of an attitude lately. Over the weekend Matt and I decided to take the kids down to Town Lake for a run. Somehow, while I have gotten around to liking running by myself, I still feel exuberant amounts of anxiety before I go running with Matt, dontaskmewhyidontknow.
(P.S. People who have lived in Austin long enough should be able to refer to it as Town Lake and not Lady Bird lake, not that I have anything against her.)
So, note to the world, we have too many people living in our awesome city, and all the parking spots were taken. After about 20 minutes of driving to find a parking spot, I finally just blurted out, "This is ridiculous. We should just go to P.Terry's and get milkshakes and burgers." (Note, this was not my first complaint, more like my "finale" complaint.) At which point Matt threw up his hands and said, "Pshh. Let's just go home." At which point I reminded him that Henry was really looking forward to going running on TL, and he'd have a really fussy three-year-old on his hands if we didn't go. At which point he said, "Better a fussy three-year-old than a fussy wife."
Bada-bing!
He was right, so I decided to shut my mouth when he parked miles away from our starting point on a residential street. It ended up being a great run. Glad I didn't ruin it with my whining.
But on that note, I will say... Henry was sick all last week, and it seems to us like he just never caught up on his sleep or something because he has been whingingalldaylongnonstoplikethiskindof. #likemotherlikeson
I love him. I am surviving.
2 comments:
I still call it Town Lake, too �� And I don't know what the deal is, but Charley has been the same way. Killing me!!!!
Ha, the parking story sounds very much like something I would do!
Post a Comment