Greetings!!
Sammy boy is going to be 20 months old in a matter of weeks, and I just realized recently that I NEVER post updates about him anymore. Or about Henry. Or really about anyone. Actually I don't really post anymore at all, do I?
So I am here. And Sam, if you grow up embittered that I never recorded the day you chipped your first tooth on my blog, I want you to know that I've spent a decent amount of "could-have-been-blogging" time doing really important things like making your father watch The Bachelorette with me. Note: You still haven't chipped your first tooth.
Yes, so, SamGib. I like to call him "SamGib." My mother in law came up with the nickname, and it's kinda stuck with me. We also often call Henry, "HenGib."
Sam is a walking, talking, running, jumping, tantrum-ing machine, and I L-O-V-E this phase he's in right now. He's often sporting a mischievous grin, which means a) he knows we think he's really cute or b) he himself thinks he's pretty cute.
Three things that stand out to me about the Sammers right now.
1. He is super independent. This kiddo wants to do things ALL.BY.HIMSELF. He wants to brush his teeth by himself, eat all food by himself, come down the stairs like a big boy all by himself (which we obviously don't allow), put sunscreen on all by himself, wash his hands all by himself, etc. So needless to say, life with Sam is... messy.
2. His vocabulary is growing everyday. A lot of times he just talks gibberish (it truly sounds like a real other language though), and I am convinced it's just because he wants to be a part of the conversation. When he is not talking gibberish, he is talking in English, which is fun because I speak that language. Some of my favorite words and phrases of his are:
- "All aboard" Which sounds like "OW BOOOOOW"
- "He shoots. He scores." Which sounds like "SHHHHHHTS COOOOOWS" (This is a phrase that Henry also used at that age, but Hen said it totally differently, which I think is funny/cool/neat.)
- "More" which sounds like "Moooooooooooooooow"
- "Pool" aka Poo. He loves the pool.
3. He loves swimming, jumping, and basketball. Truly. These three combined make for a dangerous combo, since I am sure if I was not around, he would chase a basketball into the pool, or jump into the pool to get a basketball. (Both pools we go to have basketball goals/balls to play with in the water.) He likes to jump in the pool, on the bed, and on dry ground. He likes to play basketball in the pool, in his crib, and on dry ground. Because he is so comfortable in the water, I should probably put him in swim lessons, but I am behind the curve on swimming. With both children. HenGib is rather timid, though. We tried lessons this summer, but that was a no go. He finally put his face under this week! Go Henry!
Speaking of Henry, he has a new obsession (besides trains), and that is running. He constantly (CONSTANTLY) wants me, Matt, Sam, or any other guest in our house, to race with him. Since I prefer to be sedentary at home, I recently sent Henry and Sam to the track with Matt to run some energy out. He thought that was super fun. I hoped this would wear him out, but when he got home, he only wanted to race more.
Here's to a completed blog post!
1 comment:
love the new nicknames! if baby sloane could run, let alone crawl, she would totally race henry!
Post a Comment