Monday, July 1, 2013

mom fail

Henry and Sam LOVE trains.  We often ride the train (of shame) at the Domain or Lakeline Mall for like $10, and they get a major kick out of it.  But Matt recently pointed out to me that if I take the closest metro rail train from my house to Downtown, it's actually cheaper than riding the train at the mall for 10 minutes. 

Sooo.  Today, we decided to take the metro downtown and back - just for a fun, and different, and cooler way to spend the summer morning.  Except instead of starting at the station closest to my house, I drove further north to Cedar Park to make the train ride last a little longer.

So we take the ride all the way downtown, stay on the train to come back, and then about five minutes into our return train ride, I discover that the train is actually stopping one stop short of where my car is parked.  (Which is like five miles further north.)  Also known as - I'm brilliant.

Fortunately, Matt was able to drive to my car, trade out cars, and come pick us up at the station we got dumped at.  Haha. So it wasn't a total fail, but definitely poor planning on my part.

The other thing I learned from this train ride was that I have NO plans to go on an airplane by myself with both kids ANYTIME soon.  And if you're wondering why, the answer = Sam.

It's been awhile!! I have lots of 30 before 30s and other stuff to hopefully post about "soon," whatever that means.

2 comments:

the blogivers said...

Wade really wants to do this and we almost did it on Saturday! Guess whenever we get around to it, I'll make sure we know exactly where we'll be starting/stopping ;)

Jess said...

not a fail...just a random train lesson learned.