Monday, February 3, 2014

28 Weeks - It's all uphill from here!

Hello to you on the first day of my third trimester! I'm just chuggin' along, but I can tell you that I am almost 100% sure I have hit the pregnancy peak. Here's my own little 28 week bump update. Be warned: it's long because I am including all the info I haven't written about this entire pregnancy.

28 weeks - sorry about the glare.
How far along are you?  28 weeks, duh.  AKA if the baby was born today, he'd have a great chance of survival.  So that makes this thing feel pretty real.

Are you showing?  Well, the other day while in the H-E-B line, a very loud, intrusive, Greek man asked me when the baby was due, so I am going to say yes.  I think sometime in the last three weeks I graduated from the "awkward" phase to the "obviously with child" phase.

How much weight have you gained?  The honest answer is that I don't know because I didn't know how much I weighed before I got pregnant.  I was originally not going to find out my weight at all during this pregnancy, but my doctor pretty much makes it impossible to not know, so I can tell you that if I gain the recommended amount, I will pretty much end up at the same weight at 40 weeks that I did with both Henry and Sam.

Anything else on the weight subject? Why yes, thank you for asking!  This has been my healthiest pregnancy by far.  That's 100% owing to the fact that I've been living in freedom from the body image/food war.  This has made this pregnancy so much more enjoyable.

Any exciting news?  Did I tell ya'll that I passed my glucose screening test for the first time EVER?  Even though I have never had gestational diabetes, I have always had to take the three hour test. But this time, I passed my one-hour screen test (barely) by three measly little points.  Pretty sure the lab tech chick drawing my blood may have thought mine was the overreaction of the century because I was so darn excited.

How would you describe your mood?  Hormonal.  Happy.  But recently a little more grouchy.  Part of the reason I wondered if this child was a girl is because I have weeped (I'm talking WEEPED) more in this pregnancy than in any other.  I don't really remember weeping but maybe one time when I was pregnant w/ Henry, and probably never with Sam.  But I have weeped.  And in my second trimester, I felt pretty darn good almost all the time.  I would say that I was generally very happy, despite bouts of weeping.  In the last couple of weeks or so, I have found myself being a little grouchier than I would like to admit.  Just call me Oscar.

Feeling energetic?  First trimester was awful.  Second trimester was amazing, and lately I've been thinking I need to tone it down a bit.  We've been pretty much go, go, go, but now that I actually have a baby bump, my back starts to ache if I am up moving around for too long, etc.

How are you sleeping?  More sleepless nights in the last couple of weeks... I hope this doesn't become a trend!  Generally speaking I have also slept much better this time around, but they say pregnancy insomnia is preparation for mid-night baby wakings or something cruel like that.  I will say the dude is super active (aka awake) while I am trying to fall back asleep in the middle of the night.

Tell me about your cravings.  As per usual, I only wanted hot, greasy food in my first trimester.  Couple that with feeling tired and nauseous ALL the time, and I ate quite a bit of takeout from weeks 6-12.  But lately, I've been cooking almost every single night - and even meal planning, which is something I have not ever really done.  I'll say that while I hate the hour long trips to the grocery store (and paying the whole week's grocery bill in one trip was shocking at first), it is SO WORTH IT to a) know what we are having for dinner and b) not have to go to the store multiple times a week.

Stretch marks?  Not yet, although I can feel my stomach stretching.  It's only a matter of time.  I had them with Henry around the very end, got even more with Sam, and so I'm not holding my breath that it won't happen again.

Maternity Clothes?  I always bust out maternity clothes at like 8 weeks.  I always tell myself it's because I'm pregnant, but the real reason is because I probably eat three times as much Tex-Mex in the first trimester.

Symptoms?  Guys, I've also NEVER had reflux.  Just in the last couple of weeks I have had some reflux, and I only expect that it will get worse as this dude takes up more space in my belly.  I'm telling y'all, three different pregnancies, still ALL BOYS.

Movement? Yes, a lot! Often in the middle of the night.

Miss anything?  Having a reasonable bra size.  TMI?  I know.

What are you nervous about?  Right now I am most nervous about moving Sam into Henry's room.  That was the beginning of the end of Henry's napping and sleeping all the way through the night.  I also feel like we should probably take his pacifier away sometime soon, but he LOOOOVES his paci.  So I've basically been putting both of those things off, waiting for the "right" time.

What are you excited about?  Finishing up all the things on my little nesting list... most of which are small.  I decided to keep the nursery the same, and we also decided to keep Henry and Sam's room mostly the same, minus a few small changes.  My goal is to get it all finished early (unlike other pregnancies), so I have more time to twiddle my thumbs when things slow down at the end.

Best moment this week?  I love when Henry and Sam talk about the baby in my belly.  Henry will pray and thank Jesus for the baby in my tummy, or he will just randomly ask what we are going to name it.  I love that he's thinking about his little brother.  Sam also acknowledges "baby" but it is mainly when he comes face to face w/ my growing belly.

If you stuck w/ me through that post, you should win a prize!

3 comments:

the blogivers said...

You look great!! And I wish I could blame my grouchiness on pregnancy :)

Courtney Squillante said...

You always look fantastic while prego! And I feel like I could have written this post! So so similar! Ps- I found my grocery bills (though shocking at times) went down significantly as I meal planned!

Sara Lauren said...

Loved reading...I just hit 31 weeks and had rolls on my ankles during downward dog at yoga last night. Def a new experience for me (even tho I already had cankles pre-preggo).

these last two months are sure to be interesting...excited to keep hearing about yours! And you look great!