Friday, May 2, 2014

3rd baby problems


The following are identified third baby problems:
  • Until we decided to change him before his newborn checkup this morning, Jack was still wearing the outfit he wore home from the hospital on Wednesday.
  • He hasn't had a bath since after he was born on Monday night.  Still waiting on one.
  • He is constantly doted on.  Because mommy is less stressed by him than any other baby yet, she spends her time telling him how precious he is and to please not grow up.
  • He must learn to eat, sleep, and get his diaper changed with a lot of noise and no privacy, as his big brothers love him so much that they hardly let him do any of these things in "peace."
  • He is probably not sure if his name is Jack or Sam, since we keep calling him by both names.  It usually sounds something like, "Sam... uh I mean, Jack." (Sam has also been called Jack several times.)  Matt even penciled his two week checkup onto my calendar as "Sam's appointment."  Sorry bud.
  • His brothers take turns pulling his paci out of his mouth without warning.  This is how third kids get tough so fast.  Right now he is so sweet that he doesn't even cry when they take it from him.
But really.  So far at four days in Jack is such a sweet, easy going baby.  I think much of that has to do with the fact that I am less stressed and a whole lot of it has to do with the fact that he really is easy.  He is mostly content, he has a gentle, polite cry, and since we've been home from the hospital, he has literally only woken up to eat.  I know that will change.

After Henry was born, I was learning everything new.  That's hard.  After Sam was born, I was sort of a hormonal, anxious mess, which my doctor said may have had a lot to do with blood loss.  On top of that I was learning to juggle two kids and all sorts of stuff to go along with that.

Jack has been the perfect addition to our family this week.  We just love his sweet little self.




1 comment:

Courtney Squillante said...

Haha! I love this! Gives me a little glimpse into my near future... ;)