Sunday, November 9, 2008

role reversal- what happens when Matt does the chores?

I love Matt. You will also love him more after this post. This morning, he woke up and voluntarily started doing some chores around the house. He really is a very helpful husband. However, the way he went about completing those chores left me with some serious blog material.

Exhibit A: Laundry. Matt sorted the laundry all on his own this morning. I was helping him switch out the loads, and I found three white socks in the dark load, a couple of dark socks in the light load, and some of the same shades of yellow and blue in both separate loads. Now I know that he's color blind, but I am confident that white is distinguishable from color. I concluded that Matt doesn't so much sort the laundry according to color as much as he just arbitrarily separates it.

When it comes to folding the laundry, we usually do that together. I pointed out to Matt today that he always skips over my clothes and only folds his. His response was, "That's what I feel most comfortable with." Ha.

Exhibit B: Cleaning up the kitchen. This is only funny because if Matt has to put away something that is not an "everyday item" then he typically does not know where it belongs. He usually asks me, and I usually make him guess. I love watching him open drawer after drawer to try to figure it out. It's almost as if it was his very first time in our kitchen.

Exhibit C: Making the bed. I'll just let the pictures below illustrate what "making the bed" means to Matt.


No, this is not how it's supposed to look.


You're welcome.

3 comments:

Katie Wussow said...

Travis will fold my clothes, but doesn't put them away. He claims there are "too many categories" and he doesn't know where they go.

Honey said...

That is so funny! Matt is so colorful! No pun intended.
Donny's and Matt's bed making techniques are completely opposite!

elias and hope said...

ha. matt's laundry ways are right on with elias'. i will say however that the way matt makes a bed is more in line with how i do it. elias always remakes it after i do it.