Friday, October 9, 2009

and the verdict is in!

Drum roll please...

It's a...

BOY!

Most of you guessed correctly. Congratulations!

Sonographer's exact words when we saw the evidence? "Yep, there it is. He's real happy with himself right now." Of course we both laughed.

One of my friends explained to me that it's very necessary that Matt and I have a boy. Her reasoning? This way, Matt gets to have a buddy, and I get to remain the princess. Apparently she doesn't think it would be good for our family dynamic for me to have to compete with another girl for Matt's attention. And let's be honest, she's probably right.

We have a first name, but not a middle name, so that will be the next item on our agenda. I'll share when it's set in stone!

The Lord is good! And his love endures forever! :)

6 comments:

Courtney Squillante said...

Congratulations, Leah!!! Your little man is going to LOVE having a you for a Mommy!!! So excited for you guys!!

Tracy's Porch said...

Woohoo - I guessed right! Congrats to the both of you and I can't wait to meet your precious boy!

I guess you and Brooke are going to supply all the boys and me the girls :-)

Christina said...

Congratulations!!! I just love little boys!!!

the blogivers said...

I knew it! So exciting! Can't wait to hear more stories about life before he comes into the world :)

Andrea said...

So, so excited for you guys! Looking forward to meeting the little guy in person in a few months! :)

Honey said...

I can't wait for my precious 3rd grandson to be born. Boys have a way of working on their Grandmom's hearts.
I know baby Gibby boy will be SO cute and cuddly!!