Wednesday, January 27, 2010

3rd post in 24 hours - I'm sorry

I've been feeling sick to my stomach since about 3 this afternoon, and it decided to get really bad about 2 hrs ago when I wanted to go to sleep. On top of that, the braxton hicks contractions that have been harmless up until about oh... now, are starting to make me a wee bit uncomfortable.

So, despite exhaustion, I am not going to sleep anytime soon. Therefore, let's talk BIGGEST LOSER. Shall we?

First of all, I totally took Jillian's side tonight w/ the Red Team saga. Melissa was lying, plain and simple. I'm feeling like if I were on the show, I'd really be ready for Red Team to go home. They can't seem to get along w/ anyone. On top of that they are obnoxious. Bad winners and annoying losers.

If I were gray team, I'm not so sure I would have given Red Team the call home. However, I was happy w/ their decision to let Miggy and Migdalia call home bc I was tired of them acting like victims. Ugh. And I think I would have given purple girl (what's her name) the call home instead of brown team guy. I like the purple girl.

As far as sending Migdalia home... I was a little upset about that decision. I totally would have sent Miggy home if I had a say... maybe even just to punish Migdalia for being a butt about wanting to go home, and also because I think she'd do a lot better there w/ out her mom because they feed off of each other as far the bad attitude and the playing of the victim card goes. Anyway, it was easy to see who the peacemakers were bc they all voted for Miggy to go home. I would have not been a peacemaker in that particular vote.

At my doctor's appointment today I found out that I am already 1 cm dilated, which pretty much doesn't mean diddly squat. Yes, the baby is still a big one. The nurse commented on his supposed broad shoulders. I get to go to the doctor once a week now, which means, just like the Biggest Loser contestants, I have a weekly weigh in.

Friends all around me are having their babies, and it's feeling like time! The day I found out I was pregnant, I also found out that another friend of mine from church was pregnant too. We weren't telling people at that point, but she was due exactly a month before me and just had a baby girl on Monday. It's getting so close, but four weeks feels like a lifetime!

One more thing. I went to a breastfeeding class tonight (and generously let Matt stay home), and it was very informative. But that's not what I want to tell you. The certified lactation consultant who taught the class talked in such a predictable tone and volume of voice. I don't know how to explain this to you, and obviously my brain is really not with it at this point. But, you know she was talking to like 20 people or so, but she didn't raise the volume of her voice anymore than she would have if she was sitting by your hospital bed, talking only to you. It was sort of annoying to me. Half the time I was absorbing her information, the other half of the time I was thinking about how much more I'd enjoy the class if she'd just talk normally.

Do I have anything else to say to you? Probably. And I'm not going to sleep anytime soon, so I might as well just keep going, even if it's bad for the blog. You know, my most popular posts tend to be the ones where I share my strong opinions with you. It so happens that these same posts also tend to get me in trouble in one way or another. I always end up regretting writing them. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

And lastly, I have the best husband out there. I love him. Seriously, I wish you could all get to know the Matt that I know. He's awesome.

Okay, maybe I am tired enough now that I can sleep in spite of the pain I keep feeling.

Love, Leah

3 comments:

The Joiners said...

I agree 100% about all of the TBL observations- and purple girl's name is Stephanie... I think. Hope you feel better and hope baby Henry makes his arrival soon!

Leticia Ana said...

Biggest Loser drama is out of hand! I miss Season 8 and all the normal people. I do think there are some sane people (purple, orange team, etc) but we haven't gotten to know them at all because of the drama queens. I wish Migdalia would have stayed because I feel like she still has a lot more to learn. Miggy is
Ridiculous with a capital R. The end.

Kristi said...

You know what. Half the time I can't figure out how to leave comments here because I am a moron. I just wanted you to know that.