Thursday, January 14, 2010

Can I really blame being an idiot on pregnancy?

People CONTINUE to tell me that I look small for how far along I am. I mean, at this point, I am happy with that comment, unlike earlier on in pregnancy, when I was totally bothered by it.

But here's what I don't get. They say I look small, but...

1. I have gained all the weight I am supposed to gain, with 6 weeks left to go.

2. The doctor thinks that my baby is quite possibly already six pounds! SIX POUNDS! Meaning that by the end of this week, he will be almost as big as I was when I was born. Meaning that if I go 40 weeks, he will be a 9 pounder.

I am blaming this on Matt who was 9 pounds and like a gazillion ounces when he was born.

Anyway, while we were discussing the HUGENESS of this sweet baby boy inside me, my doctor asked how big I was when I was born.

I answered confidently, "Six pounds, 18 ounces."

He smiled. "That's an interesting weight. What is that... like seven pounds, two ounces?"

Matt chimes in, "Leah, there are only 16 ounces in a pound."

I knew that.

"Leave me alone. I'm pregnant."

3 comments:

Honey said...

You mean 6lbs. 15 oz!! funny!

Erin Mills said...

Leah - I feel safe saying I have "pregnancy-idiot-moments" daily. Is that terrible?? I am happy to know that this is quite common!! :)

Brittany said...

Leah - thanks for making me laugh.