My sorority sister from college, Amanda, has tagged me with the Beautiful Blogger Award. HOORAY! I've been waiting my whole life... okay just kidding. But in an effort to not make this blog all about baby, I am more than willing to participate!
So I think I am supposed to list seven things about myself that the Internet does not already know. Here goes it.
1. I sucked my thumb till I turned 9 years old.
2. I LOVE personality tests. Except I hate that I love them because there is a part of me that disagrees with looking to anyone but my Creator for identity, but then another part of me just loves to figure people out. There are three tests in particular that I like that range from being very simple to relatively complex. I will share those with you another time.
3. When I was about 4 years old, I found some scissors and decided to give myself a haircut. I vaguely remember my mom going ballistic. Unfortunately the only remedy for my hair was a mullet. So yeah, I had a mullet for about a year or so? I'll have to find a picture and upload it sometime.
4. When I was a child I would put myself to sleep. Dream child. Still not a big party-er to this day.
5. Brag alert #1. I once lost 22 pounds in a week. Oh wait, that was this past week. :) Mua ha!
6. Brag alert #2. In 5th grade I won the award for the best DARE essay in my class. I think the girl who won the award for the best DARE essay in the whole 5th grade went on to be our valedictorian and went to school at MIT. Anyway, I was caught off guard because I wasn't really expecting to win at all. I had to read my essay in front of the whole 5th grade and all of their parents, and I was really nervous. My best friend's mom told me that I needed to have more confidence. This is still true today. I am not afraid of public speaking, but I am much more articulate and forthright when I write than when I speak.
7. When I was growing up, my mom told me not to brag. She told me ALL the time. I remember her quoting the Proverb about letting another praise you and not your own mouth, someone else and not your own lips. I am still learning this lesson. Not to brag, but Matt has mastered it (the not bragging). I am constantly amazed at his unwillingness to boast. I still manage to pass some of it off as "sharing exciting news."
So there you go. And now I tag the following seven BEAUTIFUL bloggers. No I will not be offended if you don't play. :)
1. My mom, Becky, at Bits O Honey.
2. Cousin, Tracy, at My Front Porch Looking In.
3. Katrina at Fun as the Dunns.
4. Erin at Mill's Moments.
5. Kristi at Sugar and Caffeine.
6. Brittany at It's a New Day.
7. Courtney at Team Bourlon.
5 comments:
I have you beat - I sucked my thumb until I was around 13 and had to get braces!! Maybe I shouldn't be admitting that.
Hooray! Thanks for participating :) I stopped sucking my thumb at 7 because I had a few teeth knocked out, otherwise I probably still would be today!
OH MY GOSH! All you thumb suckers are a teacher's nightmare! I had a girl in 2nd grade (so 8 years old) who constantly had her thumb in her mouth and I was constantly making her go wash her hands. It was gross. And the other kids thought so, too.
**Leah, please do not let Henry suck his thumb once he starts school!
:)
p.s. I'll be thinking about my 7 things...if I can come up with them I'll play along.
In my defense, I didn't suck it in public!
I think Gracie may end up being a thumb sucker. She likes sucking on her hands and I always try and divert her with her paci.
I agree with you about bragging...you don't brag but just share really fun info with the rest of us!!!
Okay...going to think of seven things.
Post a Comment