Let me tell you about this delivery. First of all, my mom, sister and Matt were all in the room, which made this whole thing really fun. I watched my sister deliver her first kiddo, so I thought I'd return the gift to her. :) Hahaha.
My mom was behaved for the most part. Except I gave her strict instructions not to take a SINGLE picture of anything nasty, and let's just say she is not very compliant. That, or we have different interpretations of "nasty." Unfortunately, I was too busy pushing to be able to notice or reprimand her. Don't worry, those have ALL been deleted.
At 1:15ish it was time to push. I didn't have to push that much, which was awesome because after each time I pushed it felt like I had just finished a marathon. And all the doctors and nurses were telling me I was a really good pusher. Thanks, I think? My doctor told me he'd have to hire me to teach a class on how to push. "Thanks. I'm very flattered." Now I'm bragging, better stop.
No, but really, I will brag about this... somehow I was able to crack a bunch of jokes between contractions (pushes), and I had the doctor and the whole room laughing. I don't know what got into me... probably the epidural combined with almost 2 days of no sleep. :) Okay, I'm really done bragging.
So after about 8-10 contractions worth of pushing, baby had arrived (1:45 PM)! Not going to lie, he looked like an alien, and had a MAJOR cone head at first. It was awesome, but I was a little scared. He looked exactly like his dad... mua ha ha. (Okay, okay, not the alien/conehead part.)
Here are some pictures from the last few days!
Note to other pregnant women out there: I did not lose 20 lbs in one day. More like 12. Very disappointing, but I'm over it! :)
6 comments:
yay, welcome baby henry! i also lost about 12 lbs in the hospital... but I had lost 20 by the end of the first week :) i love the pictures! you are a natural mommy!
he TOTALLY has your nose! And he looks like a completely different baby in that top pic than in the pics you posted on FB. Or maybe I'm just imagining things!
I bet it's really weird going places with a baby...rather than a baby inside of you. All of a sudden you have a human you have to be concerned about....
again, so glad to "meet" baby Henry!
yaaaaaaay! more pictures, more pictures, more pictures!
He is so precious!! You look happy and fabulous!!
Congrats! Beautiful family of THREE! =)
He is awesome! I can't wait to meet him. I was thinking that rather than bringing you dinner, I could pick up lunch for us one day when you're feeling up for it. Just let me know when (and I'll let you know when my family aren't sickos anymore).
Post a Comment