Wednesday, May 5, 2010

a day in the life...

We are in the middle of sleep training (see Gibbizarre), and last night Henry stayed asleep till 5AM, and then he woke up and fake cried till 6:30. There are two victories here. First, that he's not waking up at 3 AM, and second, that he is waiting longer to wake up and start crying.

So, we are about 10 weeks in, and starting to have some normalcy! But anyway, we are officially down to 5 eating times a day for the little man. He eats at or around 6:45am, 10:30am, 2:30pm, 6:00pm, and 9:15pm.

In between those times, we usually make at least one Starbucks run, one McDonald's run, and maybe go on a walk, hang out w/ friends, and since he's gotten his vaccines, we've ventured out to HEB, Target, Babies R Us, etc. When we are at home and he is asleep, I try to get chores done, so I should probably not be doing this right now. When we are at home and he is awake, I try to play with him and pay as much attention to him as possible.

On Tuesday mornings, I go to a mom's group through my church and bring Henry with me. I think we are going to start meeting up with some neighborhood mom's at a coffee shop down the street from my house on Friday mornings. On Wednesday nights we have our small group from church at our house. On other free nights, Matt will watch Henry for about an hour after the 6:00 feeding and let me go to the gym to workout!

So that is a little bit of what we're up to! Feel free to leave comments or questions! I have only allowed family and close friends to access this blog.

No comments: