First. For me the words "never" and "minivan" have sort of always gone hand in hand. Minivans are so ugly. Can't someone make them look cool? But recently I have been thinking a lot about how much people (myself included) care about our image and how stupid that is. During this thought process and time of reflection, I started to consider how people wear certain clothes and drive certain cars, all to give off a certain image. Who are we trying to impress anyway? All of the other soccer moms with black Tahoes out there? (No offense, soccer mom, you are cool. Ahem, my sister.)
But anyway, I've started to think to myself, "What's so bad about a minivan?" At almost the exact same time, one of my good friends started to sport a minivan. Coincidence? I think not.
Matt could not be more opposed. I keep telling him he needs to get over himself. (Funny, since we all know that I am the one who really needs to get over myself.)
But this discussion became very real to us on Monday when I was driving Matt's really old car home from the gym and it just straight up died on me. I told him we might be getting a minivan sooner than we expected. He keeps telling me to shut my mouth about the minivan. :) Hopefully his car will just get fixed and we won't have to have this debate.
Next. We're thinking of throwing baby a conception party. I know the exact date of his conception because I'm cool and keep track of stuff like that, and since his life did technically begin on that date, why not have a party to celebrate? Thoughts? It's coming up really soon.
5 comments:
just say no to minivans! get a tahoe instead :)
ps- email me back!
Soooooo when was the conception date?
Get a Toyota Highlander!
Have you seen the Swagger Wagon video on You Tube or Facebook? If not, you should watch at least part of it. (It does get a little long.) This post totally made me think of that.
And *because* you asked, I would be a little weirded out by a conception party. Honestly, I just told Truman last week that it kind of gives me the heebie jeebies when people post "This day last year, our sweet "insert baby name" was created" status' on Facebook. It's just a little too much too personal information for me. I don't need a mental visual, thanks. It's kind of like saying, "It's official! We consummated our marriage last night. Whoo hoo!" Again, no thanks. On another note, from what I've read, you might have a really good idea of when conception happened (and you could possibly be right on the day), but you can't ever know the exact day for sure because as the writer said..."I've heard a lot of couples say, baby "insert name here" was conceived that romantic night in the lodge by the fire," but since those swimmers can survive for longer than a day, "it might have actually been the next day when your husband was on a flight to his business trip in Boston when conception actually happened." Even if you only tried once the whole month, baby might not have been fertilized that exact same day. Not as romantic, but true. I'm just saying. ;)
Haha, Amber thanks for the honesty! No worries, Matt would NEVER let me throw a conception party or share the supposed date w/ anyone. :)
Oh my goodness, I got comments! Not that I care about that...
I've been going through the same process. Then a tree branch fell on my car. If it gets totaled I think we'll be taking the plunge. It helps when you have friends "going down" with you. Everyone I have talked to, even those with SUVs, say if you're planning on more than two kids, a minivan is the best option.
On the second note, maybe you and Matt could have a private party...
Post a Comment