Matt is struggling with his language these days. I will share three blunders with you.
1. This morning, as he was getting out some of his slacks to wear to work he said, "It's probably time for me to take these to the laundromat." Of course he meant the dry cleaners, not the place where you put quarters in the washing machine to wash your clothes.
2. The other night he asked Henry if he wanted to play with his "chew toy."
"Is he a dog?" I asked.
Matt meant "teething ring," but chew toy is close.
3. And finally, I keep having to explain to Matt the difference (at least in my mind) between "feeding" and "eating." I feed the baby. The baby eats. But many times, Matt says, "Henry is feeding right now." Which, quite honestly, makes it sound like he is a pig at the trough. I suppose that would make me the trough.
2 comments:
Ha, I'm afraid when I have kids that I will constantly use dog terms with them since that is what I am used to!
haha. I just laughed out loud at work. Lil, you are not a trough. Maybe next round if you have twins you can be like the mama-with 2 pups nursing at the same time and then the chew toy, trough blunders will be more accurate.
Post a Comment