So it often happens that I am out and about, and suddenly I realize that it's time for little Hy (pronounced ACH-EY) to eat. H and I do not do well nursing in public areas, even with a cover up. He hates the cover up and tries to remove it the whole time, and I also hate it because I feel like it's completely awkward. And it is. But we're all entitled to our own opinions.
Now obviously, it's legal to nurse without a cover up, but there's no way THAT would ever happen. (Not that there's anything wrong with that... ? :/ Ha. ) So, long story short, we usually end up trying to do this in the car... I have tinted windows now, and it saves me a trip home.
So, the other day, I was with my friend (let me clarify, one of my BEST friends), and she was at my mercy, without a car, and Hy needed to eat. I decided that instead of dragging her all the way to my house, we should just try to do this thing in the car (she could sit in front seat and not look, and I could sit in back), then we could stay out and go to Target after baby boy eats! Genius, right?
Well, it was okay, except that sweet fella doesn't really let me talk when he is eating... or I should say, he get extremely distracted, but it's not like I was going to tell my friend not to talk to me. So anyway... after about 10 minutes of really distracted, messy eating (sorry for the details), I decided he had enough to at least last another hour or so, and I started to put him back in his chair... but, he had a dirty diaper.
No prob, I'll just change it in the car - not a big deal. Except now apparently when we take his diaper off, it triggers his pee pee... and he peed all over my shorts, which were probably not clean enough for me to be wearing in the first place. On top of that, I did not have enough wipes left in my diaper bag to adequately clean that hiney. (I know, my life is very glamorous.) We decided to go home.
Later on this same day, I was changing ANOTHER dirty diaper (Hy's going more often than normal because of the procrit injections). This time we were on the changing table, and as I was wiping his tush (I had his bottom in the air), he started to pee pee again... THIS TIME, however, guess where it went? INTO HIS MOUTH. Yes, yes it did. Nice aim, buddy.
Sorry, this is about as funny as my life gets these days. :)
7 comments:
That is hilarious!!! How did Hy like the taste of his pee pee??
Yummy...Pee pee....
Perhaps you can devise a different abbreviation for "breastfeeding."
Just sayin.
Oh my goodness- this cracks me up! I can't wait for life with a little boy!! :)
Oh Leah this is so funny. Ive been there. My family has been thinking and praying about Henry's surgery! Looking forward to hearing the update!
Thanks Katie. That was awkward now that I think about it. :)
hahaha! Love it! I can't wait for you to tell him about that when he is older.
Post a Comment