Well, I am not going to lie and say that I am not amazed that some of you did not find nursing to be incredibly painful. It's okay, I don't hate you. Maybe my kid is just a vampire? I know I'm not the only one! Anyway... there is hope for some of you! And I mean this when I say, I really hope it doesn't hurt for you.
We were in Temple yesterday for some of his pre-op appointments. It was emotionally exhausting. Matt and I are both just ready to have this thing OVER with. When I am not at the hospital with the doctors, I almost forget about the surgery, or just think about how it's a relatively common procedure. But when we're at the hospital, talking about it and preparing for it, it seems like as big of a deal as it actually is.
So... on the bright side, little guy gets weighed like every week now, so I can see all my hard work paying off. :)
Here is a really cute little video of him laughing. PLEASE ignore my baby talk. It's really not fun to hear, but the laughing it worth it.
And since I don't normally write about the little guy, I thought I'd let you know a bit about his personality. People are always making comments about his facial expressions... he is very expressive. He doesn't hide his emotions very well... they are all out there. The good thing is that he doesn't really cry too much, he just makes faces. So we know when he is unhappy, but we don't have to hear about it. He is VERY easy going, or so people tell me. (I have nothing to compare to him.)
Seriously, he looks like an adult. A lot of times he looks like he is contemplating. Or if someone in the room is talking, he usually looks very intensely at them, as if he is listening and taking in all that they are saying. Pretty funny. Matt and I think part of the reason his face looks so adultish is because of the craniosynostosis. Since his head is growing forward, his forehead is really big, which makes him look more manly than most babies. You know, it works for him.
Anyway the other thing people always comment about are his BIG BLUE EYES. This of course, is also something he gets from his daddy, who's senior superlative in high school, if you don't mind me reminding you, was "Best Eyes." I love this little man. It does hurt my heart to think about putting him through that surgery, but we know it's the best thing to do.
5 comments:
There is nothing better than a baby laughing! he is precious!!
Praying for you and little Henry today.
Love my precious Henry and his mommy and daddy!
FINALLY....I get to see him laugh! That doesn't sound at all like the silent baby you bring to the office. The video is adorable. :-)
That is sooo precious! My favorite noise in the world is hearing a baby's cackles! Thanks for the video Leah!! Hope you're doing well! :o)
Post a Comment