Friday, May 6, 2011

can't eat, can't sleep...

Lest you begin to think I am depressed or something, I'll let you know that one of those statements is totally false.  I can always eat.  So, even if I was depressed, that statement would not be true.

In fact, I am trying to think if there has ever been a single time in my life when I did not feel like eating... perhaps... and that's a BIG perhaps, in the middle of a violent stomach virus, or one time when I had the flu.  That's really it.

Actually, I can think of maybe two or three instances where I was too excited to eat... like at the beginning of my relationship with Matt and at some best friends' weddings.  But not my own wedding - no way.  All day long everyone was telling me how important it was for me to eat.  I guess they were all afraid I would pass out or something.  So no worries.  I ate plenty on my wedding day.

Did I ever tell you guys that my sister and I went to Starbucks on the way to the church on my wedding day?  (I know what you're thinking. "Of course you did.")  Unfortunately, I wasn't in my dress yet, but I definitely had my veil on.  Awesome = yes.  That was back when I still ordered Mocha Fraps.  Now I just get plain, old, boring but highly caffeinated coffee.

I don't know if this is obvious, but I am just rambling tonight.

Another time you'd think that you might be too excited to eat is right after you have a child, but not me.  I think the first thing I did was order hospital food after Henry was born.  And then the next morning I had two breakfasts and a VENTI Starbucks coffee.  Hospital food is actually really good.  Yes, I had caffeine when I was nursing... Henry would have had withdrawals if I didn't.  Okay I'm totally jk.

What time is it?  I am exhausted and not making sense... so back to trying to fall asleep it is.  My poor baby has a cough - also not making it easy to fall asleep.  Look at that sweet, chubby face.



Nighty night!!

3 comments:

The Joiners said...

Ha Allison and I went to Starbucks on the way to my wedding as well- and I, too, was in my veil! BUT as you might have guessed based on her frap addiction, I was not the one ordering anything :)

the blogivers said...

I was just going to leave a comment saying pretty much the same thing as Amanda! What's funny is she was driving, and when she pulled up to the window, I yelled, "She's getting married today!" Maybe the barista didn't hear us, or maybe she just didn't care, because she just said, "Ok, have a great day!" Ha!

Honey said...

Did you ever make it to Mighty Burger?
I miss you, Henry, and Matt!