1. After Henry was born, the skin on my face rebelled against me in the form of (GROSS) acne. Because of the location (surrounding my chin), the dermatologist agreed with my own personal assessment that it must be hormonal. Aka out of my control. Except that I still blamed my poor diet and lack of exercise- I have somehow decided that those are the culprits for all my problems, which is silly because my diet and "lack of exercise" is really not THAT bad. I dare say it could be worse. Anyway, I still payed a pretty penny for topical medication.
Well, well, well. Let me just say that somehow God (it must have been Him) brought it to my attention that ever since Henry has been born, I have hardly ever had two free hands. And, since Henry doesn't carry on a conversation like I sometimes crave, I am often calling whoever will carry on a conversation with me on my trusty smart-phone. And, since I am on the phone more, but I have only one free hand and sometimes no free hands, I am often keeping the phone up against my ear with my cheek and my shoulder. SOOOOO. The bacteria and dirt on my phone was CONSTANTLY up against my chin and cheek = NO WONDER MY SKIN WAS BREAKING OUT!
It has now been over a month since I went out and very nerd-ily bought a nerdy, nerdy bluetooth, which I am somewhat ashamed to wear in public... but I wear it because as silly as it looks, I'll take it every day over acne. And guess what!??!?! My skin has hardly broken out at all!
2. As you might remember, I had terrible back pain when I was pregnant. Of course, I thought it was because I was pregnant. (My back and shoulders were unusually tense for a pregnant woman - which was confirmed by several massage therapists. :) ) As you might also remember, shortly after giving birth, I went to the gym and did the same workout in the same shoes that I had worn my entire pregnancy, and after not having back pain for 12 weeks or more, I had that same ol' back pain again. I mistakenly concluded that my shoes were to blame.
But last week, I hopped on that same ol' trusty elliptical machine in my new running shoes, which are not really new at all because I have worn the same exact style for about 6 years now, and which also have not given me any trouble when I run or walk... and... the back pain returned! IT WAS THE ELLIPTICAL!!! Darn machine!
I guess I'll stick to running and spinning.
No comments:
Post a Comment