In lieu of running six miles tonight like I originally planned, I ate a 600 calorie dessert, and that's no exaggeration. If I could leave the post at this, I would, but since this is not Twitter, I'll go on...
I have my 16 week appointment early next week, and as I have told some of you before, these appointments are my personal equivalent to the weigh-ins on "The Biggest Loser." Except, instead of trying to lose like 20 lbs in a week, I am just trying to gain the right amount... or, more honestly, as little as possible.
Call me crazy, but when I got pregnant again after not having lost the last five lbs from pregnancy numero uno (or, more honestly, the last eight lbs), I started to think of my life with 16 permanent extra pounds, and well... I FOUND A WAY to get to the gym!
And since I don't so much have a gazillion hours a day to workout (like I did before Henry was born), there's no more pretend, sissy, check-it-off-the-list workouts for this mom anymore. No more seated, stationary bicycle with a magazine in hand. Now when I go to the gym, I get my time's worth... I leave smelly. And happy about it.
Anyway, back to the point (whatever it is). You'd think with my big weigh-in coming up, I could at least wait till AFTER the appointment to eat brownies a la mode X 3 for dessert. Nope! Oh well...
But really, it's nice to take some days off, relax, and believe that I am loved by God, not because of a number on the scale, my outward appearance, an athletic or personal achievement, but because He is just good like that. And as much joy and satisfaction I feel from working and trying hard at the gym, there is no joy or satisfaction like His unconditional Love! Not that they are at odds... but one is ultimate, while the other is... not. Hopefully you get my drift. And goodnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment