So I got kind of frazzled at the gym today. I took Henry swimming at the pool at our gym, and that was fabulous as always... till the end when I started having a serious case of pregnant brain.
We headed to the family locker room, which is designated for parents w/ children of the opposite sex. Any parent (male or female) can be in the room, so long as they (supposedly) have children of the opposite sex, but no one seems to really follow that rule. Anyway, inside the locker room, they have about 5-6 closed off areas where you can shower/change. Well, when Henry and I got to the family locker room, all of the areas were taken, so I, being a genius tried to pull a fast one and start changing out of my swimsuit in the common area (where anyone can walk through whenever).
Well, thank goodness, I got smart, and said out loud, "I can't do this, I am going to get in trouble... some creepy guy is gonna walk through here any second." The kind lady next to me just politely agreed, "Yep." Then two seconds later, the creepy guy with no children walked through, and she said, "There he is." Fortunately, I had pulled up my swimsuit, and tank top... but my bra was still fastened around my belly, which I'm sure he found interesting. But oh well...
So, I stepped into a bathroom stall, quickly changed, and left in a haste...
Almost to my car, I realized that I had left my purse in my locker in the locker room, so I RUN back into the gym carrying my 27lb child in 100 degree weather, and hurry in to find that the locker I had been using was locked/already being used by someone else and my purse was nowhere to be found.
"My purse is gone!" I say, frantically, to the two women sitting there, one of which was the same woman who basically thought I was a psycho for trying to change in a unisex locker room... "It was in this locker right here, and someone seriously locked their stuff in here with my purse!!!"
The same lady pointed at my shoulder... "Are you looking for the purse that's on your shoulder?" I glance at my shoulder, and sure enough my purse is right there. Lovely. I was just so embarrassed for the second time in front of the same lady that my only response was, "Uggggh! It's been a bad day." Which was a total lie - it had been a fine day.
Anyway, when I finally got in my car, I decide I'm going to pull forward through the parking spot, instead of backing out of it... only to go "full speed" (whatever that is) into a curb. Yikes. I probably should have called a taxi or a designated driver at that point. But, I didn't, and God was good, and we got home in one piece.
2 comments:
Oh my gosh- this post just made my day!! Hysterical!!!!
Pretty Funny!!! Wonder what the lady said to her family about you when she got home??
Post a Comment