Monday, September 19, 2011

preggo mom brain

I've been seriously messed up in the head.

I have been putting things that belong in the pantry in the fridge and vice versa.  Example - nonstick cooking spray in the fridge.  There was another one, but I can't remember it right now.

More than once at the grocery store (or McDonald's), I have handed the cashier the wrong amount of cash.  Example - the total is $54, and I hand the cashier two twenty dollar bills, three five dollar bills, and five one dollar bills.  That's $60, if you weren't counting, but I could have just left the five one dollar bills out.

Or last night my total was $30.21, but I handed the cashier $30.50 instead of $30.25.  I should just tell the cashier that I wanted to see if they were paying attention, but that wouldn't be true.

Then today I was making an appointment for Henry to get his 18 month shots and his flu shot, and I originally asked for a 3PM appointment.  (After changing the day of the appointment twice.)  Then, after she had booked the 3:00, I asked to change the appointment for the third time, "Actually can we make it 3:30?"  The receptionist replied, "I have a 3:00, but not one at 3:30."  To which I replied, "Okay, great.  So the appointment is Wednesday at 3:30."  Obviously receptionist was probably like, "WHAT IS UP WITH THIS WOMAN!"  But I caught myself fast enough and said, "I'm so sorry, I am pregnant, and I have lost my mind.  We'll see you on Wednesday at 3:00."  At least she laughed.

That's all I got right now.

3 comments:

the blogivers said...

I feel like I still have pregnancy brain...

And I think it's awesome that you made Matt watch the vlog and didn't get any eye rolling!

Marie said...

I read this yesterday and thought to myself "I haven't done anytthing like that yet, I am so awesome." Then this morning I found the peanut butter in the fridge. Fail.

jen said...

i went to target THREE times yesterday and i still didn't come home with everything i intended to buy.