Last pregnancy when my fingers started to swell toward the end, and I could no longer go all day wearing my wedding ring, I went out and bought a cubic zirconia ring in a larger size. (You know, so I wouldn't feel like a teen mom - not that it would matter, but anyway.)
Well, we are back to that point in this pregnancy, but the thing is that the ring is so obviously fake that it's embarrassing. So I end up telling people (random strangers) that it's fake anyway. It's actually serving the opposite purpose for which I originally bought it because instead of not feeling like a teen mom, I feel like a teen mom who's trying
really hard (or maybe not hard enough) to look married and/or engaged.
Since my camera isn't so great, this picture really doesn't do it justice, but for your viewing pleasure...
 |
| For the record, I know that I have man hands. |
One, the "stone" is like kind of big - maybe equal to what a 2-3 karat diamond would look like. Two, it's "gold" but the "gold" obviously leaves a green ring around my finger. (And does anyone else besides me remember that Saved By the Bell episode where the class rings did that to them?) Three, just trust me, if you saw it in person you'd laugh.
4 comments:
i just settle for looking like a teen mom. i don't think i've worn my ring this time around since i was like 20 weeks or something.
maybe we can shoot for next week? you can email me at jbmallinson @ gmail
YES, I totally remember that episode... along with every single other episode ever made of SBTB. In fact, I strongly considered dressing up as one of them for Halloween...
Nice! And yes, I totally remember that SBTB episode :)
Oh to be a fly on the wall during your explanation to a random stranger about the fake ring...
Post a Comment