Tonight, Matt and I went to Galaxy Cafe w/ some friends. We got there late, our friends had already ordered, and so Matt was sweet to offer to stand in line by himself to order, while I went back to the table to socialize.
I told Matt I wanted the Gluten Free Veggie Wrap. Seems easy enough, since they specifically had a gluten free menu. The gluten free wrap is made w/ a rice tortilla, whereas the other, normal veggie wrap is made w/ your choice of flour, corn, or wheat tortilla.
Matt ordered the wrap exactly as it read from the menu, but the girl taking his order confused him. She said, "So do you want the rice tortilla?" Obviously he wasn't prepared for this question, so he responded, "As opposed to what?" At which time she mentioned the flour, corn, and wheat tortillas as viable options, even though he had specifically ordered the gluten-free wrap. Matt apparently didn't know what actually qualified the veggie wrap to be gluten-free - the rice tortilla.
So obviously he thought a flour tortilla sounded best, and somehow managed to get away with ordering a gluten-free veggie wrap with a flour tortilla. Ooops. I thought it was funny enough to share. And Matt now knows where gluten is found.
And come on Galaxy Cafe! If someone orders a gluten free veggie wrap, please don't offer up a flour or wheat tortilla., for cryin' out loud. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment