Saturday, October 22, 2011

explanation and other updates that I know you're concerned about

Two posts in one day.  It's like the more I talk to you, the more I have to talk to you.

So I told Matt about how in my A-Z post, I said I played the harp and that my job title was priest.  He asked me why, and after I told him, he told me that you guys would just think I was weird.  So I will explain myself here.

First of all, I don't play any instruments - so that's a boring answer.  My thought process when I wrote "harp" was that maybe in Heaven I will get to play an instrument.  Clearly, the harp is the instrument I will play in Heaven. Okay, you are probably thinking I am even weirder now.  Whatever.  I thought it was funnier without the explanation.

Next. Priest.  This is very simple.  Revelation 1:5-6 (ESV) says that "[Jesus] loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood and made us a kingdom [of] priests to his God and Father..."  So, my job description is priest, although I should not have capitalized it.  The weird goes on.

Also, in case you were wondering, I definitely do plenty of laundry.  If I go one day without doing laundry, I feel like I am falling behind.  Since I wear the same clothes almost every day bc of maternity, especially pants and jeans, I kind of have to do a lot of laundry.  (This makes me feel justified about obsessively changing underwear.  I just assume that I'll have to do laundry anyway.)  This probably makes no sense, but oh well.

I have some updates for you.  One, I caved and ended up BUYING Henry's Halloween costume.  It's definitely going to be warm.  I might have to poke holes in it.  Who was I kidding about making his costume?

That being said, I have (annoyingly) jumped on the pinterest bandwagon (everybody's doing it), and I actually have a few DIY projects that I HOPE to have time to make before Henry's brother comes.

We might have a name.  I know I've said that before, but I'm feeling more confident this time.

Henry is going to be switching to a big boy bed REALLY SOON, like potentially tonight if we aren't too lazy.  I'm not certain how in the world this is going to work, but I will update you.

1 comment:

NikonSniper said...

i totally get this. that makes me weird too i guess. you could also have said "ambassador" or "stranger in the world" or "conqueror" or "victor" or "child of the King" because ... you have become all of these In Him!
Lord bless you!
nikonsniper steve