Thursday, October 13, 2011

it's still hot

I never stop sweating.

I turned the AC down just two measly degrees lower than we normally keep it tonight, and Matt was seriously concerned that we were all going to freeze to death.  (Which, by the way, it was NOT that low.)  I then informed him that I sweat in my sleep every single night.  Have some mercy on the pregnant lady for crying out loud!  He's more concerned that our sweet child is going to be cold.

Back in July, when I told people that the baby was due in December, they'd say, "At least you don't have to be huge in the heat of the summer..."

It's officially mid-October, I am ALMOST 32 weeks into this pregnancy, and I am pretty sure the high has been in the 90s at least twice this week.  Am I glad it's not 112? Absolutely, but it's not exactly cool outside.

This also poses a problem for Halloween Costumes.  Most retailers probably assume that on October 31st it will be cold outside.  So if you do a quick search for toddler and baby costumes, 95% of them are "plush" or made of fleece, or of some material that would make a Texas toddler sweat like a maniac... which Henry does anyway when he's wearing cotton.

So, get excited, I MIGHT ACTUALLY MAKE HENRY'S HALLOWEEN COSTUME.  And, for once, I have successfully decided what he is going to be.  Until about 10 minutes ago, I had not decided.  I suppose this is the week for decision making.  Maybe a name for #2 will also be decided upon before the week's end... but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

You might be wondering why in the world I am up at 2 AM.  This is where confession comes in.  After my post about stopping caffeine, I fell off the wagon (is that the correct terminology), and made a very poor decision to get a cup of coffee at 4:30 PM today.  So, even though I am exhausted, I am awake.  I'm about to crash though, so I gotta get outta here. Peace.

2 comments:

jen said...

omg i feel on the sweating thing. most of the reason i can't sleep at night is b/c i'm so hot and our a/c is cranked WAY down. i put abbey in winter pjs b/c of how cold i keep it at night :)i am starting to think it will never actually get "cool" before i have this baby in 5 weeks.

Marie said...

I can't wait to see the Halloween costume you make - yay projects!

Oh and I got one of those cheap fans on a stand and point it directly at myself when I sleep, that way we don't have to turn the AC way down. Sometimes I even wake up cold - it's awesome you should totally try it.