I promised you in my A-Z post a sprouts story. So, here it is...
Sometime in the last 10 months or so (probably before Henry was walking), Matt, Henry and I took a trip to Jason's Deli. After we ordered, our hands were completely full with Henry, diaper bag, wallet, receipts, the little order number thing you are supposed to put on your table, drink cups, etc... It was at this time that the guy who took our order handed us a piece of paper and asked us if we could please fill out a survey. Since, like I said, our hands were obviously very full and we were trying to put our money back in the wallet, and just get out of the way and get to our table, I asked the guy if the survey was mandatory. Or, more accurately, I said, "Do we have to?"
He then, sounding very offended and authoritative said, "Ma'am! We are thinking about getting rid of our sprouts!" I wish I could do it justice by repeating it for you so you could understand his tone of voice. (Anyway, this was obviously a very important decision that I needed to be a part of via survey.)
At that point I wanted to say, "Seriously, dude, I could care less what you do with your sprouts." Instead, practical Matt asked him if we could fill out the survey at the table (you know, after we had put all of our armfuls of junk down), and he said that was fine.
3 comments:
Your posts always make me laugh! :)
That made me laugh out loud!!
That's funny, because I always order the turkey wrap without the sprouts because I think sprouts are gross. He should have given the survey to me- (a) because my hands wouldn't have been full with any baby (or baby belongings), and (b) I would have had a strong opinion about the subject, which is clearly what he was looking for. Maybe next time...
Post a Comment