Monday, February 27, 2012

the glory days

I willingly admit that I am not nearly as funny as I once was.  Vain as that comment may be... it's true, particularly on this blog.  Perhaps it's because I no longer have all day to get into the creative "flow," perhaps it's because caring for little ones is a serious job and it takes me awhile to get out of serious mode sometimes... or maybe I'm just getting older and more mature... Nah.

Anyway, sometime last week, I looked at some of my very first posts, and I remembered what it was like to be funny.  Ha. Jk. Sort of.  Anyway, for those of you who might be newcomers, I am going to link a few of my favorites from the very beginning of this blog.  (Note: Somewhere along the way, I imported another blog, so if you look on the side, it appears that my first posts were in 2006, but that is actually not true... the first posts on Gibbizarre were in 2008.)

I narrowed it down to five.  And they are mostly short - I've gotten long-winded in my old age.  But I promise they are funny... or funnier than mom-Leah's posts.  Hard to believe it's almost been FOUR years since I wrote them. ENJOY!

1- about Matt's refusal to put his shoes where they belong.  http://gibbizzle.blogspot.com/2008/08/youd-think-we-dont-have-shoe-rack.html
2- about some confusion with a meat thermometer. http://gibbizzle.blogspot.com/2008/08/meat-thermometer.html
3- about my unfortunate bout with donuts... http://gibbizzle.blogspot.com/2008/09/what-happens-when-leah-eats-donuts.html
4- about the time I drove a PT cruiser voluntarily... http://gibbizzle.blogspot.com/2008/09/cruisin-together.html and more about how I regretted it. http://gibbizzle.blogspot.com/2008/09/regretting-pt-cruiser-decision.html

2 comments:

KD said...

You are STILL FUNNY my friend!

You should have named them "The one that..." you know after Friends. ;)

Leah said...

thank you Katrina. :)