After Henry was born, I remember people asking me, "Do you ever remember what it was like before you had kids?" And at the time, I could honestly say that yes, I remembered. But I'm not gonna lie... my memory of our life before kids is becoming hazy. I do often think to myself, "What did I DO? What did I do with my time?" I'm sorry if that statement is annoying to some of you pre-kid people. I definitely was not overly gracious to my friends who had children before me, so if you want to hate me, I probably deserve it. :) If I was in that position now, I would offer to babysit, ask tons of questions, and not be so naive.
We are coming up on two years of life as mommy and daddy, and life has not been and will not be the same. It's harder, but it's a good hard. And I am so thankful for my sweet boys every single day.
One of the sweetest things Henry does is that when we are cuddling (you know, in the middle of the night in mommy and daddy's bed), he will take my hand and put it wherever he wants me to scratch him... usually behind his ear or neck, or a lot of times he wants me to hold and stroke his hand while he falls asleep. I just love these sweet little moments and try to remember them and be thankful for them.
I wasn't feeling so hot this weekend, and I started to tell Matt that I thought it would be nice when the boys are old enough to sit and cuddle through an entire movie... then I realized that when they are both that old, they might not WANT to cuddle anymore. :( So I am going to treasure this time while Henry is still a momma's boy because I know it will not last.
1 comment:
Seriously- what did we do?? And why didn't I appreciate uninterrupted sleep more?!? And omg- Henry is so sweet!!!!!! Love that he is so snuggly!
Post a Comment